What is a Postal Match?


Before the internet, if friendly target shooters wanted to compete against one another they could either meet together and exchange targets, or they would participate in a Postal Match. Typically these contests were a standard course of fire that the participants shot, then mailed to the contest organizer for tally. Since the internet can provide us with nearly instant feedback, and we can trade many different targets, it seems to be an ideal format for the "Modern Postal Match".

Thursday, July 8, 2010

July News - Sorry No Match This Month - Will Be Back For August

Thanks to all who participated in the June fundraising match. I still have not finished up the post, but I wanted to particularly thank MrBorland who not only submitted three targets, but also donated an extra $20 to the cause, AND (since he was the winner this month) asked that the T-Shirt cost also go to the cause. That's a total of $70 to the cause from MrBorland. Thanks so much.

With Wimbledon, the world cup, the Tour de France, and an upcoming vacation, I am going to take a month off for the match to regroup. I think a lot of people are on vacation etc as well.

There Will Be NO Match For July
Be ready to start shooting again in August.

For those who just need a new target to shoot at, however, I am putting the finishing touches on a FUN target to commemorate the Tour de France (My favorite sport). I'll post the target shortly. Just for fun and practice, although if you shoot it, why not email it to me so we can show everyone how you did.

Gray

2 comments:

  1. Is this going to be like a running deer match, but with bicycles?????

    :) :) :)

    Merle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, a challenging match, and your efforts for the Nashville flood victims.

    I spend most of my July's consumed by Le Tour as well, but I'll keep an eye open for your TdF-inspired target.

    ReplyDelete