What is a Postal Match?


Before the internet, if friendly target shooters wanted to compete against one another they could either meet together and exchange targets, or they would participate in a Postal Match. Typically these contests were a standard course of fire that the participants shot, then mailed to the contest organizer for tally. Since the internet can provide us with nearly instant feedback, and we can trade many different targets, it seems to be an ideal format for the "Modern Postal Match".

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Just a quick update on the Postal Match Blog

Thanks to all of you who are following this blog and have been participating. Any start up is a slow process, but I think in time things will take off. I'm currently working on the October match, and am also gathering the shooting results for the September match. I am also putting together my review of two outdoor ranges - The Charlie Haffner Memorial Range in Thompson Station, and The Bend of the River shooting center near Cookeville, Tennessee. Stay Tuned.

First, I would like to welcome  David Dvorak to the Nashville Online Handgun Postal Match. David runs the Delaware Shooters Forum (http://www.deshooters.com/). He submitted a target for August after I let him know that I linked to his website in my recent post about other online postal matches.

Secondly, If you have ANY friends who are shooters, please invite them to participate. Give them the URL for this blog (http://www.postalmatch.blogspot.com/), and/or give them the site email (postalmatch@gmail.com). The more the merrier. While news and reviews from this site will be focused on the Nashville and Middle Tennessee area, I would love to see this blog blossom in participation.

Also, I would like to try to put together an email list of those shooters particpating now, of those who might participate in the future, or those who simply want to follow along. Everyone, please send me your name, location, and email address to postalmatch@gmail.com so I can compile a list. I promise never to do bad things with your personal information.

Finally, if any of you have input or suggestions as to how to make this project better, please speak up. You can leave a comment at the bottom of each post, or you can email me at postalmatch@gmail.com

See you at the range.
Stay safe.

Gray (aka Postal Matchster)

No comments:

Post a Comment